Ant’s Tractor Mowing is a complete Avila Beach weed abatement service. Through integrity, hard work and quality service year after year, we maintain an excellent work ethic, competitive pricing and serve to protect our customers, their property and homes year after year. In business since 2004, we can take care of weeds, unwanted shrubbery, overgrowth and fire hazards with:
- Weedeater services that are effective for spaces that are too small for a tractor, where there is landscaping to preserve or where more detailed weed abatement is needed, such as along fence lines. Other terms for weedeating include weed whacking, string or line trimming, edge trimming or whipper snipping,
- Mowing, accomplished with a tractor and a flail mower is a cost-effective and efficient method for removing and controlling weeds and shrubs on acreage, large lots, pastures, and other open spaces.
- Defensible space is the amount of space, defined in zones, that fire authorities advise is necessary to protect structures, property and lives in the event of a wildfire.
We use the highest-grade equipment that allows us to get your job done safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively. Our equipment includes:
- Tractor towed flail mower because dry and flammable plant material can be mowed to a safe height quickly and thoroughly, extending the reduced fuel zone a distance beyond the recommended 100-feet for Zone 2. A flail mower reduces the risk of damage from flying debris. In many circumstances flail mowing is more efficient and practical than other methods such as riding mowers or livestock grazing and avoids many of the common issues of inaccessible slopes and hills and destroying root systems leading to erosion.
- The 336FR Brushcutter is powerfully ruthless on weeds in smaller spaces. The 33.6 cc X-Torq® engines uses less fuel, emits less exhaust and is easy on the environment.
- We keep our staff safe with personal protection gear (PPE) that includes the heavy-duty harness to help support the brushcutter and relieve strain on the operator’s body.
- Other PPE includes high-quality respirators, protective eyewear, and shields, protective headgear, hearing protection, chaps to protect against debris, and protective gloves.
Our team can’t do their best job for you unless they are trained and equipped with top-of-the-line tools and personal protective gear. Protecting our team members on the job is one of our guarantees for a job well done.
How else do we protect you and our team?
- General Liability: $2,000,000
- Automobile Insurance: $1,000,000
- Our team is protected by Workers Compensation Insurance
- Each crew vehicle has a fire extinguisher and other essential tools on-board
- Each tractor carries both 2.5 gallon water extinguisher and a fire extinguisher
Or call for just about any other reason involving weeds and weed abatement, including:
- Creating defensible space to protect property, structures, and lives from wildfire
- Invasive and toxic weed management
- Clearing land for building or crops
- Keeping weeds and overgrowth under control on fallow land and pastures
- Keep lots and land for sale clear of weeds and overgrowth
Defensible space is made up of three zones that are defined as:
Zone 0 is the area immediately around buildings, decks, and other structures and extends up to 5-feet from each structure. The purpose is to create a space that is as resistant to embers starting a fire as possible. Using non-combustible hardscaping like gravel or slate, removing dead leaves, dry grass, and landscaping with appropriate low-growing plants, and using non-combustible furnishings and décor on decks are some of the recommendations for creating this zone.
Zone 1 extends 30-feet from buildings, decks, and structures, or the end of the property line. Some of the recommended steps to take to create Zone 1 include removing dead and dry plants, grass, and other vegetation, trimming trees and removing branches that are hanging over roofs, creating 10 feet of space between trees and creating safe spaces between trees, shrubs, firewood and other materials that could catch fire.
Zone 2, a reduced fuel zone extending from 30-feet to 100-feet from buildings and structures on the property, or to the property line. Creating a reduced fuel zone means mowing grass to at least 4-inches, creating clearances around woodpiles and propane tanks creating safe vertical and horizontal spaces between shrubs, trees, grass, leaves, twigs, and other debris that is over a certain depth.
Weed abatement for the Avila Beach community
Avila Beach is much more than a well known charming beach community, favored by locals and visitors. The community extends quite a way north, south and inland and with an abundance of roomy lots, acreage, farms and open land, it’s also popular for the weeds!
Established in the latter half of the 1800s, Avila Beach gets its name from Miguel Avila, who was granted Rancho San Miguelito in 1842. The port served as the main shipping port for San Luis Obispo and Avila Beach still has a working commercial fishing pier. Inland, several farms grow a variety of organic produce. Quite a bit of the locally grown produce is available directly from the farms, roadside farm stands, farmers markets, local grocery stores and local restaurants.
Ant’s Tractor Mowing uses the most effective equipment to quickly and thoroughly rid your property of weeds and create defensible space as defined by CalFire. Owner Anthony Elisarraras, born and raised on the Central Coast, acquired the company from his father, who started it with a recycled Caltrans mower in 2004. Since taking over the company, Anthony implemented the PPE, updates equipment annually and regularly updates safety and abatement procedures to meet CalFire guidelines.
Ant’s Tractor Mowing’s weed abatement services for Avila Beach are part of the lifestyle of Avila Beach and the region.
The GPS coordinates for Avila Beach are: 35° 10′ 48.041″ N 120° 43′ 54.886″ W
We offer free estimates for your convenience.
Ant’s Tractor Mowing provides tractor mowing and the heavy-duty weed abatement services that are necessary to create defensible space that protects homes, businesses, and farm or ranch structures.