Tips from the Avila Beach weed abatement company
-Fire is an ever-present topic in California. Families and businesses can never be too cautious about fire prevention and safety. When you have taken all of the recommended fire prevention steps, including weed abatement and creating defensible zones around the property, “it’s still important to take safety measures for home and work,” says Anthony Elisarraras, owner of Ant’s Tractor mowing.
The defensible zones, defined by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE), are four zones that have been defined to create fire-safe and clear spaces around buildings, trees, shrubs, and more for:
- Slowing or stopping the spread of a wildfire.
- Giving you and your family time to get to safety if needed.
- Giving firefighters a safe and effective area to work in to put out the fire.
Learn more about defensible space zones from the Avila Beach weed abatement company or CAL FIRE.
Just as fire safety applies to open spaces, yards, fields and wooded areas around residential and business areas, it also applies to inside homes and businesses. A home or business fire safety plan addresses:
- Identifying and removing fire hazards within and around the home or business.
- Creating a plan for evacuating the premises if necessary.
- Creating a plan for a meeting area in the event the family or employees are separated.
“There are some excellent sources for helping create fire safety plans,” says Elisarraras, the Avila Beach weed abatement professional. Local fire departments and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). The NFPA has a free downloadable fire escape planning kit that covers important steps including:
- How to create a floor plan and an escape grid and practice it.
- Getting everyone in the household together to discuss fire safety.
- How to place fire extinguishers and alarms.
- Tips for preventing the spread of a fire inside the home.
- When you walk through your plan, check to make sure the escape routes are clear and doors and windows can be opened easily.
- Choosing an outside meeting place.
- Making sure everyone knows how to dial 911 and knows the address.
The kit also includes other important information such as:
- Making sure the address is easily visible from the street.
- Designating family members to help infants, young children, people with mobility issues and pets get to safety.
- Making sure security windows or doors have emergency release devices.
- Making sure the escape routes are kept clear of obstacles.
The Avila Beach weed abatement company, Ant’s Tractor Mowing, focuses on creating defensible spaces and keeping weeds and vegetation under control for fire prevention and improved property maintenance. Ant’s Tractor Mowing is a complete weed abatement service, serving California’s Central Coast communities since 2004. Through knowledge, experience, an excellent work ethic and competitive pricing, Ant’s serves to protect customers and their property year after year. Services include:
- Weedeater services that are effective for spaces that are too small for a tractor, where there is landscaping to preserve, or where more detailed weed abatement is needed, such as along fence lines.
- Mowing, accomplished with a tractor and a flail mower is a cost-effective and efficient method for removing and controlling weeds and shrubs on acreage, large lots, pastures, and other open spaces.
- Defensible space is the amount of space, defined in zones, that fire authorities advise is necessary to protect structures, property and lives in the event of a wildfire.